Learn How to Do It Yourself
How to Build a "StoryBrand" WordPress Site
Online Guided Course
5-weeks | June 15 through July 17 | $949
The Do-It-Yourself (with a guide) Solution
You've gone through the StoryBrand course or read "Building a Story Brand" and now you're ready to redo your website, but if you don't have the budget to hire a StoryBrand Guide or Agency to do it for you, you need to figure out how to do it yourself.
I've created this course to help people translate their BrandScript into a completed "StoryBranded" website.
There are many different ways to build WordPress sites, and you could spend hours researching what host, theme and plugins are best for you, or you could pick a path that has worked for others and spend that time actually building your site.
As a StoryBrand guide, I've built over 40 "StoryBranded" WordPress sites in the past 3 years and I've learned what plugins and themes work well for sites that look great, are easy to build & manage, and communicate clearly to generate more leads.
Monday Teaching Call
Each week we will have a 1-hour lesson on one aspect of building a WordPress site. I will walk you through how to do each piece step-by-step.
Homework & Help
You will work on building your site during the week along and will have the ability to schedule calls with me if you get stuck along the way.
Friday Feedback Call
A 90-minute conference call each Friday for live feedback and Q & A.
Here's what we will cover
At the end of 5 weeks, you'll have a clear, completed WordPress website that you built all by yourself.
More questions? Email: [email protected]
What Else You'll Need
- A BrandScript & Wireframe ready to be built into a website
- Purchase Beaver Builder Pro ($199)
- Purchase Beaver Builder Themer ($147)
- Web hosting (I recommend Flywheel, $14/month)
- Purchase Ultimate Add-ons for Beaver Builder ($69)
- Purchase Gravity Forms Plugin ($59)
- Stock photo subscription/credits
- Flaticon.com subscription ($10/month)
*some of these links are affiliate links so I will get a commission if buy through these links.
Wk 1: Hosting, Installing WordPress, & Setup
- Best way to host
- How to install WordPress
- Plugins & theme
- How to set the basic settings to create a solid starting point for your site
Wk 2: Design Template & Content
- How to create a style template to work from
- Choosing colors, fonts, images, icons, patterns, etc.
- Deciding which pages to have & creating a site map
- Organizing content
Wk 3: Front Page Design
- Getting started with Beaver Builder
- Best practices for building
- Which modules to use
- Header and Footer design
Wk: 4: Interior Pages
- How to create reusable layout templates
- Best practices for interior pages
- Creating blog archive & single post templates
Wk 5: Mobile Optimization, Testing, & Launch
- How to adjust your design for tablets and mobile phones
- Proofing your site
- Testing functionality & UX
- Integrating/embedding code
- Contact forms
- Analytics & SEO integrations
- Dealing with domain names, nameservers, & DNS records
- SSL certificates
- Going live with your site